Suriname Energy Conference returns this week as nation gears up for first landmark offshore development 

Must Read

OilNOW
OilNOW
OilNOW is an online-based Information and Resource Centre

Paramaribo, Suriname: The fourth Suriname Energy, Oil & Gas Summit (SEOGS) returns this week from June 4-7 in Paramaribo under the theme; “The Next Stage of Success”.

The host remains Suriname’s state oil firm, Staatsolie. The event will be held at the Royal Torarica Hotel & Resort. 

SEOGS is the market-leading energy and offshore event in Suriname and the largest energy event in the Caribbean.

SEOGS 2024 will see the introduction of a third exhibition hall, with a four-day executive summit, two-day technical conference, two-day workshops and roundtables program, a women economic empowerment program, a youth empowerment program and numerous functions, networking receptions and opportunities to develop business, partnerships, and projects. 

The Summit is being executed at an exciting time for Suriname. Its first offshore oil development with a US$9 billion price tag is in the planning stages by TotalEnergies – operator of Suriname’s Block 58. 

Discoveries continue to mount as well, with the latest success in Block 52 by Petronas. The Fusaea-1 well encountered several oil and gas-bearing Campanian sandstone reservoir packages. Fusaea was the third find for the block and Consultancy Group, Wood Mackenzie said it, along with the previous Roystonea discovery could support a 100,000 barrel-a-day development. The two discoveries are estimated to contain close to 400 million oil-equivalent barrels (boe). 

Suriname’s total discovered resources stand at 4.6 billion boe, according to Wood Mackenzie. Gas accounts for 48% of this figure.

Only 40% of Suriname’s offshore oil blocks have been licensed, some 32 million acres, leaving 60% untouched and ripe with potential. 

OilNOW returns as one of the official media partners for the event and will be providing updates on the activities as they unfold.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
spot_img

Partnered Events

Latest News

Guyana implements new policy, boosting advantage for locals in oil sector

Guyanese companies in the oil sector just got a major boost. A new policy now requires that companies evaluating...

More Articles Like This