ExxonMobil has submitted an extensive Cumulative Impact Assessment (CIA) to cover its planned 35-well drill campaign in the 6.6 million acres Stabroek Block.
The document outlines that Exxon’s proposed campaign aims to discover new and re-evaluate existing recoverable hydrocarbons from reservoirs in the Stabroek Block to underpin future development projects.
With approximately 11 billion barrels of oil equivalent resources discovered so far at Stabroek Block, this massive campaign could see this significantly increasing as more discoveries are made.
But the exact location of those 35 wells is still being finalised.
The location will be determined primarily by the results of prior seismic exploration campaigns, which have identified areas of interest within the Stabroek Block that may contain economically recoverable hydrocarbon resources.
Appraisal wells may be included in the mix.
Discovered resources in Guyana set to increase as Exxon ramps up exploration operations | OilNOW
“Pending approval, it is anticipated that the Project will begin in the third quarter of 2023, and if discoveries are made, well test(s) may be performed. The conclusion of the proposed drilling campaign is expected by the fourth quarter of 2028,” the CIA reads.
Drilling is expected to occur approximately 200 kilometers (well location dependent) off the coast of Guyana.
The CIA measured the expected impacts Exxon’s 35-well campaign would have, together with other offshore projects and several major onshore developmental projects in the South American country.
• Continued exploration in the Stabroek, Canje, and Kaieteur blocks
• Liza Phase 1 Development Project
• Liza Phase 2 Development Project
• Payara Development Project
• Yellowtail Development Project
• Uaru Development Project
• Whiptail Development Project
• FPSO #7 Development Project, a future development
• Exxon’s Guyana Office Complex Project
• Gas-to-Energy Project
• A Third-Party Power Plant
• Demerara Harbour Bridge replacement construction
• Caribbean Mariculture Inc. project
• Oil and gas exploration by other companies, including Frontera’s and CGX’s Wei-1 Well
• Hope Wind Farm Guyana
• Vreed-en-Hoop Shore Base Inc., West Bank Demerara