22 C
Georgetown
Monday, June 14, 2021

Stabroek Block operations could be affected due to COVID-19 disruptions – ExxonMobil

Must Read

First Lady Arya Ali is ‘Godmother’ of Guyana’s 2nd oil production vessel

First Lady of Guyana, Arya Ali, officially dedicated the Liza Unity Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel at...

“We didn’t realise the significant potential of Stabroek Block” – says Shell VP exploration

Oil and gas exploration is risky business. Prior to the 2015 Liza discovery, all available data pointed to a...

Oil prices rise as demand improves

(Reuters) Oil prices rose on Monday, hitting their highest levels in more than two years supported by economic recovery...
OilNOW
OilNow is an online-based Information and Resource Centre which serves to complement the work of all stakeholders in the oil and gas sector in Guyana.

The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak globally continues to impact the oil and gas industry and could see operations at Guyana’s Stabroek Block slowing down as ExxonMobil grapples with travel restrictions which is affecting the movement of personnel to the country.

“Efforts are being made to limit the disruption of the coronavirus to our operations but given the global nature of our operations, travel restrictions have impacted our ability to move workers into Guyana and could impact our ability to maintain normal operations offshore,” Janelle Persaud, ExxonMobil Guyana Public and Government Affairs Advisor told OilNOW.

She said the company is evaluating staffing levels on its four drilling vessels and the Liza Destiny FPSO to determine next steps.

“As indicated, our priority remains the safety of the individuals working offshore and the protection of the environment,” Persaud said, pointing to several measures the company has put in place in response to the COVID-19 threat.

The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on the oil and gas industry globally resulting in dramatic declines in demand which has seen prices crash.

Darren Woods, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Exxon Mobil Corporation said on Monday the company is looking to significantly reduce spending as a result of market conditions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and commodity price decrease.

Woods said that ExxonMobil has faced numerous market downturns throughout its long history and has experience operating in a sustained low-price environment. “We remain focused on being a safe, low-cost operator and creating long-term value for shareholders,” Woods stated.

- Advertisement -

OilNOW TV

Latest News

First Lady Arya Ali is ‘Godmother’ of Guyana’s 2nd oil production vessel

First Lady of Guyana, Arya Ali, officially dedicated the Liza Unity Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel at...

“We didn’t realise the significant potential of Stabroek Block” – says Shell VP exploration

Oil and gas exploration is risky business. Prior to the 2015 Liza discovery, all available data pointed to a high probability of not finding...

Oil prices rise as demand improves

(Reuters) Oil prices rose on Monday, hitting their highest levels in more than two years supported by economic recovery and the prospect of fuel...

Guyana on its way to cashing in over half billion US dollars in oil revenue by year-end

Guyana, now in its second year as an oil producing nation, could see revenues from royalties and the sale of its Liza Crude surpassing...

Exxon moves to Whiptail as 15-well Guyana campaign ramps up

Fresh off a new discovery announced just last week, U.S. oil major ExxonMobil is now moving to Whiptail, another prospect on the 6.6 million...

More Articles Like This