A high-powered lineup including oil and gas industry leaders, and officials from the Guyana and Barbados Governments will participate in the inaugural Caribbean Virtual Oil and Gas Summit (CARIVS) set for September 15-17, 2020.
Guyana’s Minister of Natural Resources, Honourable Vickram Bharrat, Prime Minister of Barbados, Honourable Mia Mottley, President of ExxonMobil Guyana, Alistair Routledge and ExxonMobil’s Exploration Manager for Guyana and Suriname, Tina Riley will be among those participating in the Summit.
Minister Bharrat will deliver the keynote address at the opening ceremony while Prime Minister Mottley will also make remarks.
Valiant Business Media (UK and Guyana) will host the Summit, which is being held in response to fast-growing interest in the Region’s energy sector among prospective investors and other stakeholders.
According to Director of Valiant Business Media, Shariq AbdulHai, over 800 persons/companies have already registered to participate in the event.
“The Summit has generated significant attention and interest from the industry at all levels and we are pleased with the number of persons registered to participate so far,” Mr. AdbulHai said.
The organisers are pleased to have ExxonMobil Guyana on board as the Foundation Sponsor while Hess Corporation, Sol and SBM Offshore are Gold Sponsors.
“We are pleased to have ExxonMobil Guyana on board as a key sponsor for this event and look forward to the participation of other major companies and service providers in the oil and gas industry,” Mr. AbdulHai said.
The lineup of speakers includes:
- Pierre P.G.Magnan – Chief Executive Officer, Sol Petroleum
- Rajat Kapoor – Managing Director Oil & Gas, AWR Lloyd
- Dr. Neil Parsan – Former Ambassador to the USA, Senior Consultant at Dentons
- Armando Cavanha – Director, Brazil – Texas Chamber of Commerce
- Shyam Nokta – President, Guyana Manufacturing & Services Association
- Sonya Boodoo – Vice President, Upstream Research, Rystad Energy
- Angelique Bart – Managing Partner-Tax and Legal Services, PWC Guyana
- Prof. Paloma Mohamed Martin – Vice Chancellor, University of Guyana
- Jamel Liverpool – Democracy and Governance Advisor, USAID
- Thuranthiran Nadarajah – Managing Director, Saipem Guyana Inc.
- Peter Harrington – Head- Energy Portfolio, Oxford Policy Management
- Dr. Dawn Stewart – Director, Women in Oil & Gas Guyana
- Dr. Sally Radford – Editor at Energy Caribbean, Observer & Co-Founder, Bridgefield Consultants Ltd.
- Abbigale A. Loncke – Chief Executive Officer, MBW Energy Support Services
- Celia Garcia-James – Sr. Petroleum Engineer & Technical Solution Consultant, Halliburton
- Tom Radford – Petroleum Engineer, Co-Founder, Bridgefield Consultants Ltd
- Chris Matchette-Downes – Director and Petroleum Geochemist, Caribx (UK) Ltd.
- Dave Gaddis – Country Director, Secure Pointe Guyana Inc.
- Joy Eze – Project Lead Well Engineer, Shell
- Pietro Mendes – Advisor to the General Director, Brazil’s National Agency for Oil, Gas and Biofuels ANP
- Stanley Wharton – President, Subsurface Imaging Co. Ltd.
- Patricia Fidel – Operational Risk Management Director, PF Consulting Services
- Patrick Henry – Senior Director, DAI
- Chase Bentley – Managing Director, Triton Energy International
- Scott Mcneil – AVP Risk Engineer – Energy & power, Marsh JLT Specialty
- Chris Bennett – Managing Director, Caribbean Council
- Ashleigh Costelloe – Director & Micro-Paleontologist, Biostrat JV Limited
- Gillian Rauseo – Chief People Officer, GOP Oilfield Partners (Guyana) Inc.
CARIVS 2020 will bring together an extensive network of decision makers and business leaders from the Oil & Gas industry and will connect entrepreneurs, investors, operators, prime subcontractors, government bodies, and many others who have a keen interest in existing, growing and prospective Oil and Gas industries in the Region. A core objective of CARIVS 2020 is to provide a forum for a crucial exchange of industry-related information and perspectives among stakeholders from nations in the Region with a well-developed Oil and Gas sector and those with budding industries. It will also allow participants to discuss and explore promising opportunities in emerging Oil and Gas industries in nations like Guyana, Trinidad, Barbados, Suriname and The Bahamas.