The Government of Guyana announced on June 15, 2017 that it had approved the ExxonMobil Liza Phase 1 development plan and had issued a Production License to the company.
ExxonMobil outlines the Liza Phase 1 project development description as follows:
- Liza Phase 1 development is approximately 190 kilometers offshore in water depths of 1500 – 1900 meters
- The development plan includes completion of a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel designed to produce up to 120,000 barrels of oil per day.
- The FPSO facility will develop approximately 450 million barrels of oil from the Liza Field
- The FPSO has 60-80 personnel for routine operations
- Tug assisted offloading to conventional tanker approximately every 5-10 days at peak production
- Two drill centers are envisioned with 17 wells total: eight production wells; six water injection wells; three gas injection wells