22 C
Georgetown
Friday, October 30, 2020

Rowan jack-up for Repsol drill campaign in Guyana

Must Read

ExxonMobil sees oil market in ‘early stages of recovery’, Guyana offshore remains top priority

Even as it reported a third-quarter loss of $680 million on Friday following its largest-ever loss of $1.1 billion...

Shell looking to strike it big on ‘Golden Lane of Oil in the Guianas’ six years after walking away from Stabroek Block

Six years after giving up its stake in the Stabroek Block offshore Guyana where operator ExxonMobil went on to...

Liza Phase 1 production now averaging 105,000 bpd, peak output expected by December – Hess

Gross production from the Liza Phase 1 Development at the Stabroek Block offshore Guyana has been averaging 105,000 barrels...
OilNOW
OilNow is an online-based Information and Resource Centre which serves to complement the work of all stakeholders in the oil and gas sector in Guyana.

Rowan Companies plc announced on Wednesday that Repsol Exploracion Guyana, S.A. has signed a contract for the EXL II, a high-specification Super 116E Jack-up rig, for work offshore the South American country.

The contract is for one well beginning in the third quarter of 2019 with a duration of approximately 45 days. The EXL II is currently under contract with BP in Trinidad.

Repsol has a 70% stake in the Kanuku block, covering 5,164 km2 in the Atlantic ocean within the EEZ of Guyana. Tullow holds the remaining 30% interest in the block.

In 2019, Repsol plans to drill the first exploration well at the block to determine if hydrocarbons are present.

Rowan is a global provider of contract drilling services with a fleet of 25 mobile offshore drilling units, composed of 21 self-elevating jack-up rigs and four ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company’s fleet operates worldwide, including the United States Gulf of Mexico, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea, the Middle East, the Mediterranean Sea, Central and South America.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

ExxonMobil sees oil market in ‘early stages of recovery’, Guyana offshore remains top priority

Even as it reported a third-quarter loss of $680 million on Friday following its largest-ever loss of $1.1 billion...

Guyana remains committed to low carbon development – President tells international community

The preservation of Guyana’s forests and adherence to the country’s Low Carbon Development Strategy (LCDS) in order to combat climate change and lower carbon...

Liza Phase 1 production now averaging 105,000 bpd, peak output expected by December – Hess

Gross production from the Liza Phase 1 Development at the Stabroek Block offshore Guyana has been averaging 105,000 barrels of oil per day in...

Shell looking to strike it big on ‘Golden Lane of Oil in the Guianas’ six years after walking away from Stabroek Block

Six years after giving up its stake in the Stabroek Block offshore Guyana where operator ExxonMobil went on to make the first world class...

ExxonMobil announces 1900 job cuts in United States

US oil major ExxonMobil said on Thursday as part of an extensive global review announced earlier this year, it plans to reduce staffing levels...

More Articles Like This