Tullow in new Ivory Coast PSC

Must Read

OilNOW
OilNOW
OilNOW is an online-based Information and Resource Centre

Tullow Oil said it signed a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for offshore exploration licence CI-803 in Côte d’Ivoire.

Tullow will operate the licence with 90% equity. The remaining 10% is held by PetroCi. CI-803 covers an area of 1,345 square kilometres and is adjacent to licence CI-524, which is also held by Tullow (90%, operator) and PetroCi (10%).

The license strengthens Tullow’s position in the Tano basin, it said, where significant prospectivity has been identified within the proven Cretaceous turbidite plays. It said this is similar to the plays that are producing in the adjacent TEN and Jubilee fields, offshore Ghana.

The work programme for the initial two and a half years includes reprocessing of existing 3D seismic data, along with prospect evaluation. In CI-524, several drill candidates are being matured while preparations continue for an exploration well to be drilled during 2024.

Rahul Dhir, Chief Executive Officer, Tullow, said “this new licence underscores our strong commitment to investing in and unlocking the resource potential in Côte d’Ivoire. Our exploration strategy is focussed around existing producing fields in basins where we have a differentiated understanding, in this case through our deep understanding of the Tano Basin.”

Tullow has a 60% operated interest in Guyana’s Orinduik Block and a 37.5% non-operated interest in the Kanuku Block.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
spot_img

Partnered Events

Latest News

Cost estimate for Exxon’s Whiptail project slashed by US$200 million

ExxonMobil’s cost estimate for the Whiptail development, recently approved by the Guyana government, has been slashed by approximately US$200...

More Articles Like This