Monday, September 26, 2022

Touchstone’s Cascadura project moves closer to approval

Must Read

OilNOW
OilNOW is an online-based Information and Resource Centre

Trinidad and Tobago’s Environmental Management Authority (EMA) has received the full Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for Touchstone Exploration’s Cascadura onshore gas project.

The EIA supports the company’s application for a Certificate of Environmental Clearance (CEC) to carry out its development at the Cascadura area of the Ortoire block.

“We are excited that the EMA has accepted our EIA documentation and will process our CEC application in the near future,” said Paul Baay, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Touchstone. “I would like to thank our team for their perseverance and diligence in submitting a complete response thereby ensuring no further delays. We look forward to updating our stakeholders in due course.”

Touchstone confirms ‘liquids rich’ natural gas discovery in Trinidad and Tobago | OilNOW

According to the EMA, the CEC covers exploration for crude oil and natural gas; establishment of a facility for primary or secondary production of crude oil, condensate or associated gas; establishment of a facility for natural gas or condensate production; establishment of infrastructure for pipeline systems; and establishment of infrastructure for storage of petroleum or liquid petroleum gas or their derivatives at the proposed Cascadura project.

Touchstone submitted the remaining EIA documentation on August 3, 2022, and a final CEC determination will be made by September 15th, 2022. The company has an 80% operating interest in the Ortoire block, with Heritage Petroleum Company Limited holding the remaining 20% working interest.

spot_img

Latest News

Government to compensate property owners who will be displaced by Gas-to-Energy project – Attorney General

A government delegation led by Guyana’s Attorney General, Mohabir Anil Nandlall, on Friday met with residents of several Region...

More Articles Like This

spot_img